The Conservation and Development of Coconut Oil of Thailand Forum (CDCOT) in collaboration with the Department of Agriculture (DOA/Thailand), FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (FAO/RAP), Horticultural Science Society of Thailand (HSST), and Asia Pacific Coconut Community (APCC) will held the International Conference on Coconut Oil (ICCO) to be held in Thailand on 17-20 March 2015, at BITEC Conference and Exhibition Center, Bang Na, Samut Prakan, Thailand. The conference theme is “Awareness of the Health Benefits of the Coconut Oil: From Past to Present. This event is affiliated with Horti Asia 2015 which organize by VNU International Exhibition.
Objectives of the ICCO conference are:
1. To assess the current status of coconut oil production, identify issues and future opportunities for its development in Asia and the Pacific.
2. To exchange and share knowledge and technologies available and learn from each others’ experience and lessons.
3. To identify constraints and gaps limiting the development and adoption of coconut oil in Asia and the Pacific, including access to technological development in the coconut oil extraction and processing, and marketing and business development.
4. To identify relevant policy options and recommendation for promotion of coconut oil production and marketing in Asia and the Pacific.
5. To strengthen regional collaboration and networking and develop a regional strategy for promotion of coconut oil production and marketing which will be an input to coconut oil strategy document facilitated by FAO in consultation with concerned institutions.
6. To encourage the conduct of medical research/technical trials on the health benefits of coconut oil for emerging non-communicable diseases.
The following topics will included:
1. Present Status of Global Coconut Oil Production and Usage.
2. Country Report on Coconut Oil Production and Trade: Five countries 20 minutes each: India, Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand.
3. Research Result of Coconut Oil in Production, Health, Beauty, Market and Trade and
4. Research Result of Coconut oil in Clinical Trial.
The plenary lecturers will be invited by the Organizer to present their outstanding works related to coconut oil. Contributed oral papers on various R&D of the coconut oil. Poster session is arranged to present the participant’s accomplishment in R&D of the coconut oil. Posters will be displayed during the whole meeting period.
Interest parties may register on or before 1 February 2015. Early registration fee is US$ 200. Registration fee (after 1 February 2015) is US$ 250. Fee for accompanying person: US$ 50. For further information, please contact Mrs. Peyanoot Naka, Secretary of the ICCO Conference or Ms. Veera Klaipuk, Assistant Secretary at Conservation and Development of Coconut Oil of Thailand Forum, C/o Horticultural Research Institute, Department of Agriculture, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand:
- Tel.: 66-2-579 8553, 940 5484-5 ext 116,
- Fax: 66-2-561 4667,